Coordinate financial activities for a portfolio of captive insurance clients, review and presentation of financial statements, public speaking in front of large groups. Coordinate the efforts of the various financial service providers to complete all financial statements and related reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and at least seven (7) years of experience in public or corporate accounting. CPA required.
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Ability and confidence to make presentations to large groups of captive members at Board meetings or equivalent
- Internationally recognized accountancy qualification, with the ability to review complex financial statements related to captives
- Ability to work unsupervised, prioritizing & organizing own workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work to meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Willingness to work in a team environment and be a collaborative team player
- Innovative and motivated to suggest and contribute to process efficiencies
- High degree of proficiency in use of such programs as MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure accurate and timely review of complex financial statements, and other financial reports prepared by the captive Insurance Manager
- Drive supplemental activities to assist the Captive Executive and captive including, but not limited to, trending distribution activity, analyzing historical activity and performance compared to current activity and develop the vision and communication for presentations associated with financial analysis
- Written and verbal communications with shareholders and service providers
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure the timely completion of each audit
- Liaison with tax providers to ensure the timely completion of tax forms
- Review and analyze monthly Financial Status and Security Collateral reports prepared by the Insurance Manager
- Attendance at and participation in client meetings, including presentation of financial statements, investments and other financial related topics
- Work closely with the Financial Analysts and assist in their development and training
- Understand and liaison with Insurance Managers on Cayman Island regulatory requirements
- General assistance on other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
TRAVEL: Required, both domestically and internationally for this position. This includes compliance with all of the requirements of the localities and destinations, as well as transportation carrier requirements.